Wednesday, September 3, 2008

The "Mrs. Degree"

The anticipation for that first day of college is one that all of us can now relate to.  We've all experienced thoughts filled with doubt, fear, excitement, and hope.  But what is it that we’re excited for?  If you’re an engineering major you may be excited to invent a smoother running program for the power plants, if you’re a communications major you’re probably looking forward to being published, but what about those of us who aren’t attending SMU to become the best in a field?  There are many girls, and even some guys, who have admitted to going to the prestigious Southern Methodist University just to find someone to spend the rest of their life with. Who wouldn’t want to go to a college with reputation to have a population of students with money to spend and houses to vacation to?

At first, I was a little intimidated by this reputation, but as I thought more about it, I couldn’t help but be excited. SMU is not only a fun University that is improving more and more every day, but it’s a place where I have a very good chance of finding someone who would measure up to mom and dad’s standards.

 After attending classes for a week, I’ve learned that it will not be too hard to pursue my dreams of earning a “Mrs. Degree” as my uncles love to call it.  All I have to do is read a couple pages each night and dress to impress.  And while I haven’t run into “Mr. Right” yet, I know he’s out there somewhere.

1 comment:

Patrick S. said...

I absolutely agree. Who needs an education? They're overrated and childish. We all need to have a huge reality check. I only came to SMU to meet a rich girl with a minimum of four houses and a Swiss Bank Account.

We wake up, freshen up, and go to class. Is it to learn? I think not. We go to show ourselves off. We should all just drop the facade and turn Southern Methodist University into Southern Methodist Dating Service. So well said college girl. Well said.