Monday, November 3, 2008

...The World May Never Know

Since coming to college with no car I’ve realized that I haven’t been able to run little errands that seemed so easy to do back at home.  I can’t go to the mall whenever I want, or even go out to eat unless I find someone with a car who is headed in the same direction.  This also means that I haven’t been able to get a haircut.  I definitely have found that I took the little things for granted in the past – and now my hair is three inches longer than it was when I first arrived at school. 

            It has gotten so long that I’m currently contemplating getting it cut for locks of love when I go home.  I proposed this idea to my friends today and we came up with a question that we debated for a while.  If you have curly hair and you donate it to locks of love and they straighten it, does it stay straight forever or does it get curly again? I personally think that it would stay straight because it’s dead and no longer receiving nutrients from the scalp.  My roommate thinks that it would get curly again because hair is dead when it leaves your roots and it’s in the DNA of the hair.  I tried looking it up on google to see if there was anyone who had a personal experience; but there was nothing. Is there anyone who knows the truth who could end this debate about locks of love?

No comments: